This olive oil bread dip is the absolute perfect appetizer! It has just the right blend of spices that taste SOO GOOD! It will definitely get a “WOW!” from all of your guests!
The BEST Olive Oil Dip!
I love nothing better than being served olive oil dip with bread as I am ordering from a menu in a restaurant! I mean, the taste is perfect! It gets me in the mood for all of the delicious and savory things that I am about to eat. So, imagine how happy I was to be able to make this recipe in my own home! I could now have that luxury just about whenever I wanted. And that is exactly what I do!
This olive oil bread dip is SO easy to make. We are talking 5 minutes from start to finish and you are done. Which makes this perfect for a party because if you run out, you can make a fresh batch for everyone right then and there! You can also change it up but switching out which bread you serve with it! Or, you can do what I do and create a few platters with different dips and crackers and bread! Why limit myself to only one? Try making this Super Easy Beer Cheese Dip, 5 Minute Million Dollar Dip, and this Easy Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Ingredients for Olive Oil Bread Dip
This dip only uses 7 ingredients and you probably already have all of them in your pantry! See the recipe card below for a list of exact ingredient measurements.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is a must when you are making olive oil bread dip!
- Garlic cloves: If you don’t have fresh garlic cloves then you can go ahead and use the minced garlic that you have in your fridge. ½ tsp equals about 1 clove of garlic!
- Italian seasoning: I like that this is already a mixture of delicious flavors. If you want to take this up a notch then try making thing Homemade Italian Seasoning to put into this dip!
- Parsley: You can use fresh or dried parsley flakes!
- Crushed red pepper: Add more if you want this to take on a little bit of heat!
- Salt and pepper: Put these in as you go and stop when you like the taste!
Let’s Make Some Dip!
- Combine: In a small bowl add olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, parsley, and crushed pepper. Mix until combined and salt and pepper to taste.
Olive Oil Tips
This olive oil bread dip is SOO GOOD. If you want it to turn out perfectly then follow these tips and tricks! They are super easy!
- How to store olive oil: olive oil is perishable and so you want to be careful about where you store it. Make sure that you put it in a cool, dark place. Once you’ve opened your bottle, it will last andout 1-2 months. So write the date on it and get a new one if you need to! Fresh olive oil tastes SO much better in any dish!
- Fresh or dried herbs? You can use either in this recipe! If you have a lot of spices at your housee already, then this dip is extra easy to whip up in a flash. In fact, try making this Homemade Italian Seasoning ahead of time and you will always be ready to make this appetizer!
- To make it kid-friendly: Go ahead and leave out the red pepper flakes and use rosemary or thyme instead. This takes out any heat and just adds a bit of extra flavor!
How to Store Leftovers
This olive oil bread dip is so easy to make! So if you don’t have leftovers, you can just whip some more up anytime. But if you do have some, here’s how you can store it for later!
- Refrigerate it: Store your leftover dip in an airtight container and put it in the fridge. It can last up to a week! Once you are ready to eat it again, you can let it sit for a few minutes to come to room temperature before serving.
In a small bowl add olive oil, garlic, Italian Seasoning, parsley, and crushed pepper. Mix until combined and salt and pepper to taste.
Calories322kcal (16%)Carbohydrates1gProtein1g (2%)Fat36g (55%)Saturated Fat5g (25%)Polyunsaturated Fat4gMonounsaturated Fat26gSodium1mgPotassium12mgFiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A9IUVitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium10mg (1%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.