Uncategorized

Part II:Now, suppose that new Glenn, like the SpaceX Falcon 9, is designed to recover its firststage on a ship

Part II:Now, suppose that new Glenn, like the SpaceX Falcon 9, is designed to recover its firststage on a ship offshorefrom the launch site. Assume that, like Falcon 9, the New Glenn only uses 95% of itsfirststage propellants to launch the payload, reserving the remaining 5% for use in an entryburn and a landing burn.calculate(a)What is the revised total velocity change provided by the entire launch vehicle∆vtota(b)How much is available to the first stage to be used for the landing?(c)Most of the commercial missions for New Glenn will be to deliver communicationssatellites to geostationary transfer orbit (GTO). Using the 13,600kg mass of this payload, calculate the total mission ∆vtotaincluding reserving

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.